#disconnect

Because Life is Just Simpler without it!

Tuesday, February 23, 2016

Thoughts about Scuicide

Out of all the ways to die, suicide is the worst way to go--at least in my opinion.

I'm surprised that more people to mention that. You hear a lot about cancer being the worst way to go, but never suicide. Or at least, it doesn't get as much recognition as it should.

I learned a few months ago that Saywer Sweeten--the little boy who played on the TV show Everybody Loves Raymond, committed suicide back last April. Of course, that was very jarring, because you see this person as a cute little kid, full of innocence. And the last time you see him is when he's about nine years old. Then the show ends and you assume he will grow up and continue acting or do something else. But you don't assume that he will kill himself because of financial problems, drugs and bullying.

I've been hearing so much about suicide lately. A TV weather man recently killed himself by running his car into a store on purpose. What is going on with people lately?

A woman who lost her 13 year old son to suicide has a FB page called Kindness Matters. She's dedicated herself to spreading the awareness of kindness. Her son killed himself because he was bullied at school for the way he looked.

What is the worst way to die? Alone.

That is what suicide is. It is the overwhelming feeling of being totally abandoned and alone. I am sure that Jesus's suffering in Gethenemane (sp?)was for those especially who felt this way and would die because of it.

I have a real special place for those who feel lonely, afraid and hopeless. Those are the people to love. Those are the people to reach out to.

Those people who are jerks--love them. Those people who are arrogant--love them. Those people who don't talk to you, keep to themselves--love them. Those people who are mean to you, jealous of you--love them. Because they don't love themselves. And one day, they may die because no one loved them back.

Do they deserve your love? Probably not. But we gotta love them anyway. We are starving of lack of love.

I pray for suicidal people almost every day. They have a special place in my heart. I don't know anyone who is suicidal personally--most people keep it a secret until they decide to go through with it. Then they tell someone as a last ditch effort to see if anyone cares enough to take them seriously.

I want them to know someone out there cares for them. They don't know me and I don't know them, but I love them. I want them to live. I don't want any more people dying from lack of love.

No comments:

Post a Comment