#disconnect

Because Life is Just Simpler without it!

Friday, August 7, 2015

Life without Facebook...Day 8!

It's been officially over a week since I have gotten off of Facebook, whoo-hoo! This week has been a little long, I will admit, but so liberating! I have so much time on my hands (both a good thing and a bad thing) that I've had to learn all over again what to do with it.

This is not the first time that I have gotten off of Facebook. I have tried multiple times before to get away from it. Each time I was unsuccessful. You can read about my "moment of grace" here.

Sorry this is very rushed! I actually have things to do! I am going to work on laundry today and clean my daughters room. Whereas before I had no motivation or energy, I do now!

I will end on a quick list of improvements I have found within my own life, just in these past eight days without Facebook:
  • I am calmer. I don't feel as anxious or worried about "likes" or comments or the lack of them.
  • I feel more confident! It's ok to be "alone"!
  • Speaking of being alone, I'm actually not! I'm actually noticing people around me! I'm more interactive with them.
  • Speaking of being interactive, yes, I'm talking about my hubby and children. I'm no longer shooing them away saying "I will be right out!" Feeling more conversational. Being ok with just sitting and relaxing without a screen before my eyes.
  • I find myself dreading going on the computer for emails. A good sign!
  • I'm more focused. Not so scatter-brained. Things are actually getting done!
  • I'm more motivated and less lazy. Which means I have more energy.
  • Happier. Things have become so much more simple.
Mostly, I feel like I've come back to a rather familiar time in my life before Facebook took it over. Sort of like I traveled back in time ten years....rather strange. Things are so much simpler. I advise everyone to try it. Go back in time. Life is simpler there.

No comments:

Post a Comment