#disconnect

Because Life is Just Simpler without it!

Thursday, August 13, 2015

Two Weeks

Facebook is the perfect set up for the ego. You've got all your friends surrounding you, all your "likes". You have a Facebook page specifically designed just for you, all about you. It's no wonder that I crave it when I'm feeling down.

It is two weeks today that I've been off of Facebook. Actually, I have been on a few times, but only to update my Roses for Mary Facebook page where I sell and advertise my rosaries. Other than that, I haven't been on at all.

When I have been on, I find it dull and boring. It's the same subject and the same meme  all over the place. I do like to read others statuses though.

The point is, I think I have rediscovered life without Facebook again. In the beginning, it was a refreshing change of tasks, laundry and children. Now, my refreshing change is reminding me why I wanted to escape to Facebook in the beginning.

I won't deny that I don't have my moments of wanting "escape". Especially when that same stack of dishes are still there, or the kids are whining, or that living room that I just cleaned a half hour ago is messed up again. I want to escape to Facebook to the land of statuses and baby pictures and likes. In some ways, my land of make-believe, where everybody likes me, everybody understands me. (Even though I know it's not true.)

But I always leave feeling more alone, more misunderstood, more unnoticed.

It's been an adjustment, but I'm liking my Judy Cleaver life. I am actually learning how to cook, as I've discovered an interest in trying out recipes...now that I have the time, that is...

No comments:

Post a Comment