#disconnect

Because Life is Just Simpler without it!

Thursday, October 6, 2016

Give up all and follow Him: Day 6

Jesus answered, "If you want to be perfect, go, sell your possessions and give to the poor, and you will have treasure in heaven. Then come, follow me." Matthew 19:21

A message for me early this morning as the struggle has already started. A reminder that this goes much deeper than Facebook. My "possessions" being my pride, my status, my reputation. Friendships, comforts and consolations from others. A desire to be heard, to be esteemed. A desire for importance in the eyes of others.

This is what I Strive to give up and why it hurts so much. It is a complete stripping of self.

I'm reminded that this is what I wanted in the first place, to be a true follower of Jesus. But I had forgotten that one must give up all to follow Him. I also didn't realize I carried so much with me.

No comments:

Post a Comment